Zero Emissions Port Container Moving System
- Reliable: No moving parts, reduced maintenance, energy and operating costs
- Force is applied directly to vehicle: reduces wear on wheels and rails; high performance
- Complete control over acceleration and velocity
- Magnetic propulsion and regenerative braking reduces energy cost by as much as 75% under certain operating conditions
- Independent remote or on board control of vehicles
- Ability to move single railcar or consist of rairlcars or full train
Environmental, Safety and Health Benefits
- Emissions reduction – Diesel locomotives are completely eliminated, thereby eliminating the diesel exhaust produced by such vehicles.
- Noise reduction – The elimination of diesel locomotives also greatly reduces noise.
- Reduction of energy costs as diesel fuel is 2 1/2 times more costly per energy unit than electricity form a stationary power plant
- Reduction of pollution as diesel engines produce 120 to 240 times more particulate pollution and NOx than a stationary power plant
- Only 1 vehicle at a time on track section: no chance of collision